BREAKFAST MUFFIN RECIPE
These are great because you can make them the night before and eat them as snacks during the day as well. If you don’t have a muffin pan, you can get silicone muffin moulds at most grocery stores for about R180, or a muffin pan for about R60.
- Makes 6
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Spinach leaves
- 1/2 Cup milk
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oven to 180°C
2. Beat the eggs, milk and salt until frothy.
3. Chop up the spinach leaves and add to the egg mix.
4. Pour the mixture into muffin pan or moulds, about halfway full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the mixture is solid, but not dry.
6. Remove from moulds or pan.
Tip: If you want them extra fluffy, you can add 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder to the mix.
FISH AND RICE DISH
- Serves 8
- 1 Medium tin pilchards in tomato sauce
- 4 Medium handfuls rice
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Medium carrots, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Canola oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Boil the rice until almost soft.
2. Fry the onion and carrots in a little bit of oil until the onions are see-through and the carrots slightly soft.
3. Once the rice is cooked, add it to the onion and carrots and mix well on low heat.
4. Add in the pilchards and mix on the stove top until warmed all the way through.
Tip: You can add leftovers to your fish and rice dish for the next day’s lunch.
So, it is possible to eat healthy stuff on a budget too! We hope you are as excited about the meal plan and shopping list as we are. We’ll be finding new ways of serving up the ingredients and bringing you our top pick recipes.
We’d love your feedback on your experiences. Please send us a mail at email@example.com with your recipe ideas or any ingredients we might have missed out.